When you’re about to head out for an important meeting and find a patch of your pet’s fur clinging to your sleeve, you probably reach right for your lint roller to quickly solve the problem. That’s because we all know how handy lint rollers can be when we notice pet hair, dust, dandruff, or (of course) lint on our clothes — but that’s not all the simple tool can do. The slightly sticky paper can help solve all sorts of others issues around the house. Think about it: The adhesive that so easily plucks debris from our clothes can be applied in exactly the same way to other areas of your life.
Take a look to see how lint rollers can be used around the house:
- Pick up glitter from crafts and decorations.
- Dust off your car’s dashboard.
- Remove debris from lamp shades.
- Clean inside coat pockets, bags, and purses.
- Wipe your phone screen.
- Pick up the line of dirt left behind by dust pans.
- Use it as transfer tape for vinyl crafts.
- Clean up broken glass without cutting yourself.
- Spot-clean stuffed animals and toys.
- Get rid of dust in drawers.
- Clean under your couch and other large furniture.
- Groom your pet before their fur falls.
- Pick up tiny hair clippings from your neck after a haircut.
- Dust off your drapes and blinds.
- Remove lint from paint rollers before painting.
Chances are, you’ve already thought of a few more ways you could use the simple cleaning tool around your home! The ability of lint rollers to adapt to different areas around the house — plus how cheap they are to buy at the store — make them a go-to answer for so many otherwise frustrating problems. You likely already have one or two rollers lying around the house right now, but it might be worth stocking up on some you can take with you wherever you go. You never know when you might need it!