It’s almost spring, which means beautiful flowers, warmer weather, and — most importantly — the huge array of colorful, delicious fruits and vegetables that will soon be in season. Among our very favorites are sweet, juicy strawberries — and it turns out that we should all get a head start on celebrating them today, February 27. That’s right: It’s National Strawberry Day!
Low in calories and a fantastic source of vitamin C, potassium, folic acid, and fiber, strawberries are as healthy as they are tasty — so naturally, we hunted down the most decadent strawberry-related dessert we could think of to mark this super-serious holiday. Life’s a balance, right? We settled on… wait for it…. strawberry cheesecake!
The best part about this easy strawberry cheesecake is that it’s high in flavor and low on the guilt — really. Unlike typical cheesecake recipes, this one calls for tofu, a strange and surprising ingredient that somehow sets it apart from other heavier, sugar-laden recipes. Created by Instagram influencer A Taste of Koko, this dessert has the perfect light and airy feel, so it’s an ideal complement to those yummy berries you’re just dying to snack on today.
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups graham crackers crumbs
- 7 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
For the filling:
1 package House Foods Premium Tofu Soft (Amazon)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup strawberries, pureed
½ cup sugar
Strawberries, for garnish
(Photo Credit: House Foods)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix graham crackers and melted coconut oil until combined.
3. Pour mixture into pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
4. Allow House Foods Soft Tofu to sit out while preparing crust. Drain excess liquid.
5. In a food processor, blend soft tofu, strawberries, sugar, and cream cheese together. Pour filling into cooled pie crust.
6. Chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours. Top with strawberries for garnish before serving.
Makes eight servings.
This recipe was originally posted on <a target=”blank” href=”https://www.house-foods.com/recipe/Strawberry+Tofu+Cheesecake/”>House Foods and was created by Jane Ko of A Taste of Koko for House Foods’ “50 Plates of Tofu” campaign_.
Next, see what John Legend has to say about his wife’s, Chrissy Teigen’s, cooking in the video below: