We know the royal family is banned from eating certain foods, like shellfish, anything with garlic, or too many onions — but it seems that won’t stop Prince William from indulging in his favorite fast-food — Nando’s Peri-Peri Chicken. If you’ve never heard of Nando’s, don’t feel left out. Nando’s is a South African international food chain that serves delicious African-Portuguese food. Unfortunately, it has very few locations in the United States and is only available in Washington D.C., Virginia, Maryland, and Illinois.
Prince William revealed this little tidbit of information when he attended Next Generation Impact Entrepreneurs Forum on April 17. The prince met one of the founders of Nando’s, and told him his food is “very good.”
This little tidbit of information was revealed when Prince William attended Next Generation Impact Entrepreneurs Forum on April 17, and met one of the founders of Nando’s, telling is “very good.” If you would like to eat like a royal (or just can’t make it to Washington D.C.), we’ve got the perfect peri-peri chicken recipe for you to make at home. It’s the ideal hot and spicy chicken for the grill because peri-peri chicken is tender, juicy, and bursting with flavor.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 small fresh red Thai chilies, seeded, chopped finely
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 whole chicken legs (drumstick and thigh)
- Combine lemon juice, oil, chili, sugar, paprika, garlic, rosemary, and salt in large bowl or resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and coat in marinade. Cover and refrigerate for three hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken from marinade; reserve marinade. Make deep diagonal cuts in chicken pieces.
- Heat covered grill, according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Cook chicken on oiled grill by indirect heat, covered, about 25 minutes or until browned on both sides and just cooked through.
- Brush with reserved marinade frequently during cooking.
The chicken is best if you let it marinate for a day in advance.
This article was written by the Now to Love staff. For more, check out our sister site, Now to Love.
Looking for another chicken recipe for your “It’s-finally-spring” party? Watch the video below to find out how to roast a chicken on a beer bottle.